Questions for all DBA, Please reply

From: Mr.Ngan <xxGTOxx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 20:33:05 GMT

Hi guys,

I am currently looking for jobs and I want to apply for database related jobs, but I don't have a degree in Computer Science. Instead, I have a diploma in Networking back in 1998. I want to to get certification of Oracle 8i DBA(OCP), but my concern is how to apply for related job position.

Is the certification helpful? All the job descriptions I have seen needed several years of experience, can you guys tell me how to get my first step in this field. Thanks.

I already purchased the Oracle for Beginner's Guide and all the trainning CD for the exams. Do I have enough knowledge to apply for DBA after I studied all these stuffs?

Mr. Wong Received on Tue May 01 2001 - 22:33:05 CEST

Original text of this message