deleted datafile while tablespace offline, cannot open db

From: Joseph Abramson <jabramso_at_visto.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:13:48 GMT

Hello there:

I accidently deleted one of two datafiles that belong to the same tablespace. Now tablespace is offline but refuses to come on line. The 2nd datafile never had data. I deleted it, then recreated empty one through touch.
'Backup controlfile to trace' shows that both datafiles are listed there. Can I restore control files without 2nd datafile listed and then to open database and put tablespace back on line. No backup, no archive log. 8.1.7 on Sun2.6.
Currently I cannot open DB,I can only to mount it. Any advice is appreciated.

Joseph Received on Sun Apr 29 2001 - 20:13:48 CEST

Original text of this message