Large: Multi terabyte databases in a datawarehouse environment

From: Bhala Ghatate <bhala_at_bhala.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 06:05:56 GMT

I had a query to the group on what are large sizes you all are working with on Oracle in a datawarehosue environment. We are at the multi terabyte level and processing
multi100
million rows /day (RAW) in a datawarehosuing environment.

Some of the issues I want ot discuss deal with managing

2. parallel queries across partitons.
3. Finding the optimal parallelism when queryig multiple partitons without
the partioned view.
4. Inserting large amonts of data into a table in parallel (results of the previous parallel queries).

We are using sqlserver but I was wondering what tools Oracle has which allows for easy
managebality of the above.

 I would like to start a discussion about issues at this data level.

 Infact we are presenting this case study at  www.bivision.org/bivision on may 8th for anyone interested.

Large: Multi terabyte databases in a datawarehouse environment

--
Bhala Ghatate [cel: 512 657 3020 jfax:(714)9089976]

Home of Advanced Business Intelligence
See us at the BI Vision conference at
www.damanconsulting.com/bivision/