Cacheing tables with RLS policies applied

From: Steve Croft <stevec_at_ditdash.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 02:14:10 GMT

Using the Add Tables wizard I am trying to add tables to an Oracle Database cache. The tables have had RLS policies applied using the DBMS_RLS package. The Add Tables wizard fails with an ORA-28112 error (failed to execute policy function).

Are there any known problems with cacheing tables of a virtual private database?

Of course we want to cache an entire table, not just a portion as defined by that table's security policy. We have a procedure call that can cause the security policy to return a null predicate (effectively turning off security for all tables). We have set up a logon trigger to run this procedure for the user that populates the cache (we have done this successfully for other users), but we still get the error.

Anyone run into this yet?

Cache system:
SPARC/Solaris 8
9iAS 1.0.2.1
Oracle EE 8.1.7.0

Origin database:
SPARC/Solaris 8
Oracle EE 8.1.7.0

Thanks,
Steve Received on Tue Apr 24 2001 - 04:14:10 CEST

Original text of this message