Personal Oracle on Win "Me"- YES you can.

From: Devin Santo <Drsanto_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 04:54:18 GMT

Yes, you can install Personal Oracle on Windows Millennium edition... (see below)

I had difficulties installing Personal Oracle on Windows Millennium edition. If you are having difficulty doing same, hopefully this will help you...

Okay, here's the work around that allows the install... It's actually pretty simple:

Open your Win.ini, scroll down some until you see [Compatibility95] Under that heading, type or paste this string... JREW=0x00080000 close it, save changes and try starting the installation again. This worked for myself and someone else who was also having difficulties installing the software. I don't know the how or whys, just that it worked for Me/me.... (sorry for the pun, I couldn't resist).

HTH
DS Received on Thu Apr 19 2001 - 06:54:18 CEST

Original text of this message