Re: calling oracle storesd procedure from smalltalk

From: Chris Lopeman <lopemanc_at_swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:43:00 -0500

There use to be an example in the Oracle VW DB EXDI manual. Basically you send preparePLSQL: and give it a little PLSQL string that calls your stored procedure and puts the answer in a variable. Then you send another command to get the variable contents.

Cursors are automatic. So I am not sure what you are asking here. If you want to cache, and reuse the cursor, then you should look at a third party DB Management Framework.

There is one at http://home.flash.net/~lopemanc/

There are also plenty of others.