Re: A very little question

From: Rozi & George Goldberger <ghita_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:34:03 GMT

Following is from ORACLE Documentation:

 You can use the VARCHAR pseudotype to declare variable-length character strings. When your program deals with strings that are output from, or input to, VARCHAR2 or LONG columns, you might find it more convenient to use VARCHAR host variables instead of standard C strings. The datatype name VARCHAR can be uppercase or lowercase, but it cannot be mixed case. In this Guide, uppercase is used to emphasize that VARCHAR is not a native C datatype.

Advice: Do not use it in a database structure.

George