Re: TNS Problem

From: <rspeaker_at_mail.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2001 20:15:59 GMT

I'm guessing that when you run DBSTART you aren't seeing any of the SGA information show up, just the warm started message?

If so, this is a documented bug with 8.1.6. They startup banner inside SVRMGR changed with 8.1.6 and the dbstart program doesn't pick up the new banner.

I don't have the bug # or document ID but if you go to metalink.oracle.com and search for dbstart & 8.1.6 (or 8i) you should be able to find it. The fix just involved adding a few lines to the dbstart program.

HTH,
Roy