Help on configuring ODBC Admin for Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle

From: Unknown User <unknown_at_unknown.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 17:32:08 -0700

Hello,

Due to suspected bugs with Oracle ODBC driver, I am trying to install the Microsoft ODBC driver. I am new to Oracle and need help on how to configure the ODBC Admin.

I am running Personal Oracle 8i on Windows 2000 and am able to login using the Oracle ODBC driver. So all the settings (such as user accounts) are correct.

I've added a DSN entry using the MS ODBC driver for Oracle and would like to know what to enter in the "User Name" and "Server" fields. The MS help points to Oracle documentation but I was unable to find any documentation on configuring MS ODBC driver for Oracle.

Thanks for your help. Received on Mon Apr 09 2001 - 02:32:08 CEST

Original text of this message