Re: Question About Oracle Security issue.....

From: Chris Day <chris.day_at_rdbms.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 23:16:35 +0100

Richard,

Glad you mentioned the information security issues, the focus then moves to gaining evidence about possible risks and then applying mitigation.

  1. I would enable session level auditing, you can then gain evidence about logons and mitigate risk.
  2. With 8i the logon trigger is ideal to gain the 'program' information, you can't force a logoff, but you gain evidence.
  3. I'm raising this at the Oracle CAC in the summer, should be able to force a logoff.

Chris