Re: Visual Basic and Oracle

From: TheDoDo <apple_at_nymset1.dk>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 04:39:35 GMT

You have come to the right place b/c there are many experienced programmers here who can offer you good advice.

I'll start by saying the following. VB is dead. M$ is in the process already of slowly killing it off and replacing it totally with VB.NET.

Check out: http://technet.oracle.com/tech/linux/

Check out: http://www.inprise.com/kylix/

Linux/ Unix people get paid some two to three times as much as the M$ cutters and pasters that are a dime a dozen. The enterprise is looking for stability and flexibility and adaptability. M$ is a lock-in. And lock-ins leave you high and dry when the big boys decide to dump an installed base and force you to move over to another ad hoc technology such as VB.NET.

The answer to your questions, the places to go, I have given you above. Be broad minded, develop rare but needed skills and you will command twice the salary as the current glut of VB dunderheads.