Re: How to change INTERNAL password on NT

From: Dave Haas <davidh_at_--nospam--hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:54:25 GMT

Hi all.

Just to clarify. The internal password and the password for sys are NOT THE SAME. The 'alter user sys identified by ...' does indeed change the internal password, but this is a side effect. If one changes the internal password using the orapwd utility it has no bearing on the sys account.

HTH, Dave Haas