Re: V8.1.7: Connect time on local machine...

From: Christian Greven <greven.christian_at_baufeldt.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:33:40 +0100

Hi,

do you use the network name or the ip adress in the net 8 config?

I used the name and the response time was about 10 seconds. Then I put an entry in \windows\hosts (using Windows ME) for the server, now connect time is less 1 second. On the other way you can use the ip adress direct in net 8 config.

Hope this helps! - If not: try a ping on the server. Perhaps a network problem?!

Christian.