Re: 10,000+ Simultaneous Users

From: Jason Burgoyne <jason.burgoyne_at_bms.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:14:28 -0500

I really only know unix, but I know to give you a better answer we will need the following info.

LAN or WAN?
Thin client or Browser?
Expected response time?
Expected response data, web page, XML, raw data, formatted report? How many and how big are the denormallized tables, are there some that can be pinned into mem?
Is there a complex authentication system or can anyone get everywhere? If you are using a WAN is replication an option to distribute the load to individual LANs?
If so would you need MASTER-MASTER replication?

There are a lot more, but I think those are the ones that add signifactly to the cost.
JB