Re: Importing Paradox data

From: Johan Stinckens <johan.stinckens_at_anaxis.be>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:06:07 +0100

Tzachi,

I've tried this, and it works fine, but there's only one problem. A lot of the paradox-tables contain one or more MEMO-fields. When I try to select one of these tables, I receive an Oracle error ; ORA-03001
unimplemented feature.

When I alter the select-script so that it excludes the MEMO-fields, then a result is received.

So, momentarely I'm not able to use the HS services from Oracle to complete the import.

"Tzachi Nissim" <tzachi_at_attunity.co.il> wrote in message news:992b8m$b0b$1_at_news.netvision.net.il...
> As of Oracle 8.16, Oracle includes a free ODBC gateway (supplied by
> Attunity). Assuming Paradox has an ODBC driver, you could access the
 Paradox
> tables from within Oracle. Transferring data between Paradox and Oracle
> becomes as simple as transferring between two Oracle tables...
>
> "Alan" <alanshein_at_spambuster.erols.com> wrote in message
> > Lotus Approach can do this.
> >
> > "Johan Stinckens" <johan.stinckens_at_anaxis.be> wrote in message
> > > I need to import aprox. 55 paradox-tables into an Oracle Database.
 Does
> > > anybody know a way to do this. Is there any Oracle tool to complete
 this
> > > task in a flexible way.
> > >
> > > I need to do this import more than once, because were are currently
 still
 in
> > > the developing-phase for the product. As a result I will need to do
 the
> > > import all over again when the customer will switch to the new
 application.
> > > Therefor I would like a tools were I can save the parameters for the
 import
> > > in a configuration-file so that I do not need to check a lot off
 parameters
> > > when this production-import will be launched.
> > >
> > > At the moment I'm trying to produce the import through SQL-Loader.
> > >
> > > So if anybody knows any other tool, or has some tips on using
 SQL-Loader
 for