Re: Is it possible to create a System tablespace with Local managed extent?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:23:58 +1100

"Nuno Souto" <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam> wrote in message news:3ab08618.5182989_at_news-server...
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:50:15 -0800, "Daniel A. Morgan"
> <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:
>
> Daniel, PMFJI.
>
> >I then issued something similar to the following:
> >
> >CREATE DATABASE DEV
> > CONTROLFILE REUSE
> > LOGFILE 'F:\ORADATA\DEV\log01dev.dbf' size 6M reuse,
> > 'F:\ORADATA\DEV\log02dev.dbf' size 6M reuse
> > MAXDATAFILES 1000
> > MAXINSTANCES 3
> >-- ARCHIVELOG
> >-- or
> >-- NOARCHIVELOG
> > CHARACTER SET WE8ISO8859P1
> > DATAFILE 'D:\ORADATA\DEV\sys1dev.dbf'
> > SIZE 120M
> > AUTOEXTEND on
> > NEXT 120M
> > MAXSIZE 240M;
>
> If at this point you stop your script, run the catalog.sql and then do
> a:
> SELECT * FROM DBA_ROLLBACK_SEGS;
> you'll see a SYSTEM rollback segment there.
>

> > CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT systm_rsp
> > TABLESPACE SYSTEM
> > STORAGE (INITIAL 128K NEXT 128K MINEXTENTS 2 MAXEXTENTS 100 OPTIMAL
 256K);

> > ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT systm_rsp ONLINE;
> >
> >And that was all that was created.
>
> and if nothing else is done except run the catalog.sql, I can assure
> you if you do the same SELECT above, you'll now get two rollback
> segments in SYSTEM: one called SYSTEM, the other called SYSTEM_RSP.
> Guaranteed as much as the sun coming out tomorrow morning (if the darn
> Mir thing lets us have another morning...).

Thanks, Nuno. I thought maybe I was going mad. I've been trying to say exactly the same thing for about 6 posts now (but you say it so much better!).

I honestly don't mind ignorance. And we all make mistakes. But wilful refusal to look the facts in the face strikes me as most odd. Your contribution at least confirms that it's not just me being bloody-minded.

Moito obbligado (sp??).

HJR