Re: HOWTO: build application in Linux to query existing large database on another machine

From: William Bailey <billbailey64_at_netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 01:12:45 GMT

What about 8.1.7 were you unable to get to work? I have 8.1.7 running on my 7.1. Mandrake Linux box and haven't encountered any problems ... I must admit though that I haven't really taxed the system yet.

However, if you have doubts about whether you can get it working, a good option might be the JDBC Thin driver .. it doesn't require any Oracle client install and is freely available for download from technet.oracle.com ... JDBC Thin is about as low impact a solution as there is ... that might be the way to go.