Re: Is this worth it?

From: William Bailey <billbailey64_at_netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 01:18:44 GMT

Is your intent to become an Oracle developer or an Oracle DBA? There are some good topics in the list, but it isn't nearly complete ... my sense is that the classes are a bit piecemeal and don't have a coherent plan for presenting material in a fashion where each lesson buiilds on the previous one. My personal opinion is that books serve as a better introduction ... there are many good ones on the market (I can recommend a number once I know what your goals are) ... once you have all the basics down, the online course might be a good way to reinforce or augment what you read. Everybody learns different (I like books) though so ultimately you have decide what works for you.