Re: Pb with Apache 1.3.12 + Oracle 817 on AIX : Core Dumped

From: Jean-Philippe BATTU <jean-philippe.battu_at_bull.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 09:06:35 +0100

Hello

Yes I am using apache 1.3.12 coming from ora817 distribution. When I use this apache server with simple html file, apache produce core dump in $ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache and in the logfile (error_log) I see a signal 11 or 4 has been sent to httpd process.

exemple :
[notice] child pid 22140 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

The situation is not blocking because apache monitors itself and it creates another httpd process to replace the dead one. But the apache server becomes slower

Further investigations have been sgown that if I disable the mod_plsql because starting apache, core dumped are not produced.

This problem has been detected by oracle with a bug 1644662 but no patch yet for the moment. Perhaps you noticed this problem , do you have any suggestions ?

Oracle support adviced me to limit the content of LIBPATH environnement variable to 40 characters only. but the situation is always the same

Frank van Bortel wrote:

> Jean-Philippe BATTU wrote:
> > I am new in apache server experience and I tried to use apache
> > server 1.3.12 with oracle engine 817.
>
> Do you really mean Apache 1.3.12, or the Oracle iAS (that uses Apache
> 1.3.12)?
> I have noticed some behaviour changes. You can use Apache 1.3.12 with
> the
> mod_plsql package (do not use/upgrade to 1.3.14 - it will fail), or any
> other plsql package, or iAS.
> >
> > When I do a simple request from a browser (IE5 or netscape 47),
> > sometimes a core file is generated with an error message in error
> > log file.
> Any clues? What's on the logfile?
> --
> Gtrz,
>
> Frank van Bortel

Jean-Philippe BATTU                Phone   : (33) 04 76 29 73 43
Database Competence Center         Fax     : (33) 04 76 29 75 18
Mail : jean-philippe.battu_at_bull.net

Bull, ISD/ICS/DB Solution Center        PC:B1/382
01 Rue de Provence
B.P. 208
38432 Echirolles FRANCE