Oracle8.0.5, JDBC & iPlanet

From: Mr.Hankey <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 12:16:00 +0100

Hi,
I'm in trouble with the following:
An Internet application, based on Oracle 8.0.5 running on Solaris, uses JSP through JDBC (Thin) to read data from the database and publish it on the Web. iPlanet is the Webserver.

The problem is:
Numeric conversion done trough JSP always shows wrong decimal separator (. instead of ,)
Although NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS=",." is correctly set in the init.ora, and all the environment variables on the server are correctly set. When I query the database trhough sqlplus I always get correct numeric format. I can't find any settings for JDBC or iPlanet. What is missing?

Thank you in advance for any suggestion. Received on Thu Mar 01 2001 - 12:16:00 CET

Original text of this message