Re: Connection causes client to lockup

From: John Alexander <jalexander_at_summitsoftwaredesign.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 01:03:18 GMT

Port 1521 is used to get the initial connection. Oracle then chooses a random open port and sends the client back the new address, making it difficult if your traffic is coming through a firewall. Check out Note 2064550.102 in MetaLink for some work-arounds to avoid opening up your firewall. (Go to 'TECHNICAL LIBRARIES' and then choose the 'Firewalls' section).

John Alexander
www.SummitSoftwareDesign.com
St. Petersburg, FL