Oracle 8i/ADO/Remote Database

From: Alexandre Bento Freire <a-bentofreire_at_a-bentofreire.com.nospam>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:13:15 -0000

I'm developping an Application(ActiveX), that accesses Oracle 8i through ADO.
The problem is that drivers that ship with MDAC, are not suported by Oracle 8i.
To make it work, I must install Oracle Drivers, that are on Application Mode of the installer.
But i need to deploy on a Intranet/Internet. And can not ask the users to install something that is on 100 MB package.

How can avoid this ?
Is there a Connection String, that allows me to connect to remote Oracle Listerner ?

One possibility is to use the ADO RDS. How does it work ? With ADO RDS, can i exec Stored Procedures ? I'm using MS IIS, is there a default Data Factory, or do I have to devellop my own ?

Thanks in advanced Received on Thu Feb 08 2001 - 11:13:15 CET

Original text of this message