Re: Size of Swap with large phy. mem

From: <jgupta100_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 20:34:32 GMT

Timothy,

If you're coding business functionality, mining/warehousing data, or if you're webhousing, please check out Torrent's Orchestrate. Orchestrate can help you improve the performance of your SMP by automatically running your applications in parallel.

Check out :

http://www.torrent.com

-
Jyoti

In article <9YXb6.9733$9v2.169114_at_quark.idirect.com>,   "Timothy brown" <tbrown_at_tucows.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> If this has been asked before I'm sorry and a simple pointing in the
> right direction would be great!
>
> We are getting a few new machines and will be putting a large db on
 them.
> I normally allocate
> Swap space = 2 * Phys. Mem
> Even for machines with 4G of physical memory (is this wrong?)
> Anyway the new machines are going to be E6500's with 30G of memory,
 now
> should I allocate a 60G for swap? (my god thats a lot!)
>
> Does anybody have any experience, suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Timothy Brown

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Feb 07 2001 - 21:34:32 CET