Re: parsing in Oracle8+

From: Cliff Dabrowski <cliffdw_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:46:30 -0500

Hussam,

There is no equivalent call in Oracle8. The OCIStmtPrepare() method is the closest comparison but not exactly the same. Oracle8 OCI does not have an explicit parse step and the OCIStmtPrepare() method is strictly a local call. OCI7 also implicitly executed DDL statements on the oparse but in Oracle8 all DDL and DML statements are processed on the execute.

I can think of some ways that you may be able to do what you want but none would do so without performing a round-trip to the database and therefore probably would not be worth the effort in the end anyway.

hth,

Cliff