OEM and OAS on Windows 2000 ?

From: Jeff Beverly <jbeverly_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 06:17:12 GMT

I had Oracle Enterprise Manager installed on a standalone PC running Windows 2000 Professional OS. Everything appeared to be working fine.

Then I installed Oracle Application Server. OAS did not work (http listeners won't start). This is the message from the event viewer:
"The OracleStartOAS 4.0(OraHome81,website40) service terminated
unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action."

I tried to manually start listeners. No go.

ALSO... OEM quit working as well! After installation of OAS, the Management Server won't start. It doesn't return an error; just hangs up and won't start.

I completely removed all Oracle products and tried again. Same result. OEM worked until I tried to install OAS.

According to the Oracle documentation, the versions of OEM and OAS I have should be compatible:

QUOTE
"Due to limitations of the NT operating systems, there are many
caveats when running both the database and OAS 4.0.8.2 on the same operating system. These are described below:

  1. OAS 4.0.8.2 and 8.1.6 database. Can be installed in the same or different Oracle Home.

2...." UNQUOTE (goes on to talk about problems with other versions)

However... I wonder if it makes a difference that I'm running Windows2000 instead of NT4.0.

Has anyone had success installing OEM and OAS on the same Windows 2000 PC or have any idea what th problem might be? Thanks!

Jeff Beverly Received on Tue Jan 23 2001 - 07:17:12 CET

Original text of this message