Re: Cannot establish JDBC connection, help!

From: Paul <paul_fountain_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:36:13 GMT

jdbc:oracle:oci8:_at_myhost:1521:mydatabase, username, password being passed intothe getConnection method

regards

Paul

In article
<ssmulgund-at-yahoo-dot-com-ya02408000R1601011752120001_at_news.ne.mediaone .net>,
  ssmulgund-at-yahoo-dot-com_at_no.spam (ssm) wrote:

> I'm using Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition under Windows 2000, Service
 Pack
> 1. I'm trying to write some Java code that accesses an Oracle
 database
> (the starter DB that gets installed during the standard Oracle
 installation
> process). I'm running JDK 1.3. The code looks like this:
>
> DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
> String user, password, url;
>
> // Get user, password, url inputs
>
> Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:_at_" +
> url, user, password)
>
> Upon execution of this last statement, an execution is thrown with the
> following output:
>
> Connecting ... Exception in thread "main"
 java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> make_c
> _state
> at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.make_c_state(Native Method)
> at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:197)
> at
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:142)
>
> at
 oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.ja
> va:214)
> at

 oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:193)
> at

 java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
> at

 java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)
> at JdbcConnect.main(JdbcConnect.java:21)
>
> Can anyone help me out as to what's going on here? Note that it
 doesn't
> work with the thin driver either (although different exceptions result
> there). I can communicate with the same database using SQLPlus, and
> everything works fine from there. Interestingly, the Oracle ODBC Test
 also
> craps out in try to connect to the database, although I'm not sure
 that I
> have the ODBC source configured properly. The Oracle documentation
 isn't
> of much help in this process.
>
> Help!
>
> Sandeep