Re: Replication Problem

From: <mikea730_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 08:23:20 GMT

Dennis,

Make sure you have a job on each master site that runs:

DBMS_REPCAT.DO_DEFERRED_REPCAT_ADMIN (

   gname          IN   VARCHAR2,
   all_sites      IN   BOOLEAN := FALSE);

This pushes all deferred admin tasks

This job "should" have been created automatically when setting up the master site. Also make sure that this job runs frequently enough. I think the default frequency is like 15 minutes. I usually set this to 15 seconds as I hate to wait for my admin transactions to complete.

Also make sure the "JOB_QUEUE_INTERVAL" in your initailization file is set to the frequency you need.

I've also found that sometimes I have to manualy run jobs in the job queue the first time, then they start running automatically after that.  Not sure why this happens, but there are comments about this on the Oracle MetaLink.

Hope one of these suggestions helps!!!

Mike Adams

In article <93h649$he5$1_at_news.seed.net.tw>,   "Dennis" <echome_at_ms16.hinet.net> wrote:
> Dear all,
> There is a problem about the Oracle Multimaster Replcation.
> I follwed the step-by-step guidance in the Oracle Replication
> Manager to set up an asynchronous multimaster replication
> environment (Windows 2000, Oracle 8.1.6). Finally, a master
> group is created and everything seemed to be alright. But I found
> the administrative queue is full of admin requests in the master
> definition site. It seemed that the master definition site sent many
> admin requests to another master site and waiting for callback.
> On the other hand, the master site which was supposed to
> execute the admin requests, just sat idle, did nothing. Even though
> the admin requests which status was ready were applied manually,
> nothing happened. There's no error in the error queue, and the job
> status was alright. What's going on? Any idea?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best Regards,
> Dennis

Sent via Deja.com