Urgent help for : ORA-02074

From: Bigfoot <ext6axp_at_ups.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 10:06:09 -0500

Hi,
Can anyone please help me out with the following problem?

I have a procedure in a database which has ROLLBACK statement in an exception block and COMMIT statement at the end of the program. This procedure is also being called from another database via database link.
When I execute this procedure in database 2 and when it hits ROLLBACK statement it gives me an error:
ORA-02074: Cannot ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction.

But if the program goes through without any execption and hits COMMIT and gives no error.

So the COMMIT works but not the ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction.

Can anyone please explain me why and how to overcome this error.

Please help!!

Thanks, Received on Mon Jan 08 2001 - 16:06:09 CET

Original text of this message