Re: Executing external programs from a database procedure.

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 21:14:22 GMT

You can call C functions directly from PL/SQL. Here's the example from Oracle 8.1.7 SQL Language Reference (Create Function Statement):

The following statement creates PL/SQL standalone function get_val that registers the C routine c_get_val as an external function. (The parameters have been omitted from this example.)

CREATE FUNCTION get_val

( x_val IN NUMBER,
y_val IN NUMBER,
image IN LONG RAW )
RETURN BINARY_INTEGER AS LANGUAGE C
NAME "c_get_val"
LIBRARY c_utils
PARAMETERS (...); In article <KDJ%5.109856$yO2.3247911_at_telenews.teleline.es>,   "Ant" <anorfri_at_teleline.es> wrote:
> Hello !!!
>
> Now I have a new (and big for me) problem. It's because I must run an exe
> file (a Pro C program) from a stored procedure. I run Oracle
 (8.0.4.0.0) on
> Compaq Unix (OSF1) V4.0. I've tried to do this whit the "host" built in,
> but it's not supported on stored program units. So, How could I run
 an exe
> file from Oracle?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ant