Re: "select" question

From: Alan <alanshein_at_spambuster.erols.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 09:50:12 -0500

Everyone gave you the solution, but did not tell you why you are having the problem. We are in the year 2000 (or 2001 depending when you read this). Whan you enter '02-FEB-67', Oracle thinks you want 2067, not 1967, because it defaults to the current century unless you either extract the full 4-digit year using the other people's methods, or if you change the NLS date format in your systemn or session to dd-mon-rr from dd-mon-yy (see ALTER SYSTEM or ALTER SESSION).