Re: Insulating DML access via a package

From: <jd_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:59:52 GMT

The way I`ve been doing it is by creating a package for each main table in my database. Within this package I created one procedure for each DML (Insert, update, delete). I also have a function that returns a type RECORD for retrieving records. When called, each procedure is passed values through IN parameters which are then used to perform the appropriate DML.

Cheers,

JD