Re: Advice on Learning Oracle?

From: Murf <smurphy_at_triad.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 21:35:54 GMT

That "Complete Reference" is not exactly a beginner's book, but it is certainly complete! If your employer has had Oracle loaded onto your machine, you should have also had the documentation loaded. This documentation is a good place for explaining some of the things that the huge book talks about.

You should also have a paid registration to Oracle's site, where they offer help support and tidbits of info that the rest of us can't get to. -Murf

In article <24di4tsagdcf6au3nhf2ieo1raqdtbo9vi_at_4ax.com>,   Zatherus <zatherus_at_theriver.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:41:30 GMT, David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <JerL5.375900$i5.6111462_at_news1.frmt1.sfba.home.com>,
> > "Lamar Thomas" <lamart_at_home.com> wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I would like to learn Oracle Database. My company made me an offer
 to stay
> >> on with them. Among the many other offers they made, they offered
 send
> >> me to an Oracle class and let me learn Oracle for personal/career
 growth. I
> >> am not a programmer (however I do understand the concepts, I work
 for
> >> software company and have read a book or two). I also have read a
 book on
> >> MS Access and have taken an Access class at our local college. I
 am a
> >> Network Administrator and I am Microsoft Certified.
> >>
> >> I just wanted to know what is a GOOD book for a beginner so I can
 read it
> >> before I take a class. The way I look at it is if I learn the
 basics
 on my
> >> own, then I can have the company pay for an intermediate class.
 They
 are
> >> also paying for a UNIX/Linux class that I start tomorrow. Thanks
 for
 your

--
-Murf