Re: Oracle's Net8 protocol.

From: John L. Laine <jllaine_at_raytheon.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:57:51 -0500

Hussam Khateeb wrote:

> Hi;
> I'm doing some research on Oracle's Net8 protocol and tried to look for
> documentation the describes what are the contents of the protocol, but,
> couldn't find.
> Was there anyone who could decipher Oracle's Net8 protocol on TCP?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Hussam

Net8 is not really a protocol itself, as much as it is 'wrapper code' to standardize how the different parts of oracle applications talk to each other, on the same platform, or distributed across a cluster. It can use Bequeath, TCP, and several other protocols to get data back and forth.
go check out the Net8 Administrator's reference on technet.oracle.com Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 15:57:51 CET

Original text of this message