Re: Oracle 8i, EM, TNS problem on Win2k?

From: j_beverly <j_beverly_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 02:23:41 GMT

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:54:55 GMT, "Rob Mitchell" <rjmitchell_at_mediaone.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Just installed Oracle 8i (no service packs or updates) on Win2k machine and
>then installed Enterprise Mgr. Oracle seem to run just fine, but EM cannot
>connect to server. TNS names error even though I modified both Ora81 and
>OraMgr's TNSNAMES.ORA files.
>
>I tried <machine>:1521:<sid> as well, still doesn't work -- error ORA 12222:
>TNS: no such protocol adapter
>
>What's the magic? Is it a Java classpath issue? Path issue? Win2k issue?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Rob Mitchell
>Base Class Technologies, Inc.
>rjmitchell_at_mediaone.net

I posted here a few days ago with a similar problem. I also cannot get Enterprise Manager to work on Windows2k. Error VTK-1000 Unable to connect to the management server... (I have Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition, Release 2, Version 8.1.6)

Then I saw this in the Oracle documentation:

"Oracle Enterprise Manager release 2.1 is not supported on Windows 2000. After certification is complete, a patch, if necessary, will be released that includes Windows 2000 support. "

I was hoping someone could tell me if that's the reason for the error I'm getting and if there is a patch available yet. If you find out anything, please post it here. Thanks.

Jeff Beverly Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 03:23:41 CET

Original text of this message