Re: Client unable to connect to instance

From: j_beverly <j_beverly_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:37:47 GMT

I have a similar problem. I have an Oracle database and WebDB installed on one computer (running Windows 2000 Professional) and I'm trying to accesss it from a client machine running Window 98. I can acess files via the LAN, but can't get to the WebDB. I've checked and rechecked the TC/ICPsettings. I have another Webserver (Apache) on the Windows 2000 workstation that works fine (I can see it on the client machine). The WebDB listener folder is even visible from the client workstation, but I can't connect to it using the (IE) web browser. I think this is more of a networking than a Oracle problem, but it is driving me nuts.