How to load date field using sql loader

From: govind <govind.raj_at_xchange21.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:24:14 +0800

Hi Gurus

I'm new to Oracle,I'm using Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.0 sun OS 2.6

I want to load a CSV file with two date field which is of the format mm/dd/yyyy into a table but SQLLDR gives the following errors,

ORA-01830: date format picture ends before converting entire input string ORA-01843: not a valid month

my text file format is like the following one,

40,October,10/2/2000,10/8/2000
41,October,10/9/2000,10/15/2000
42,October,10/16/2000,10/22/2000
43,October,10/23/2000,10/29/2000

how to solve this problem ,please help me.Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Govindaraj Marthandam
E-Business Consultant
xchange21 International Pte Ltd
80 Raffles Place #59-02
UOB Plaza 1 Singapore 048624
Main : +65 2303157
Fax : +65 557 0008
Mobile: +65 97957430
govind.raj_at_xchange21.com
www.xchange21.com

                            xchange21
            leading e-builder of the digital economy

Note: The information and data contained in this message (and attachments) may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure to any party or parties apart from the intended recipient. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to Received on Fri Dec 15 2000 - 09:24:14 CET

Original text of this message