Re: Comparing Oracle with Sybase

From: Kenny MacLeod <kenny_macleod_at_S.P.A.M.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:15:01 -0000

"Danilo Silveira" <Danilo.Silveira_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:3A37C2FD.63E22703_at_oracle.com...

> Well, you can read many things about Oracle in http://technet.oracle.com
> I can say to you that Oracle supports Java. It has an JVM inside the
> database. You can make stored procedures in Java, publish EJB and CORBA
> in database and all other Oracle products supports Java too. Sybase is a
> good database, but it doesn´t have the integration that Oracle plataform
> gives.

Sybase ASE 12.0 has an embedded JVM. You can write SPs in java, and have java datatypes in your tables. I'm not sure if it explicitly supports EJB, but in my opinion EJBs are a complete waste of time anyway, so this wouldn't particularly bother me. Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 12:15:01 CET

Original text of this message