Re: Web <-> Oracle db (complete newbie Q)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:34:19 +0100

"D_at_di" <dadi_at_net.hr> wrote in message news:3A222618.AEB9CC22_at_net.hr...
> Hi All!
>
> Recently I got a task to connect a 8.0.4 Oracle database data to Web
> (after logging in, etc...)
> As I am a *_complete_* newbie to Oracle, I'd like to ask anyone to send
> me some link, idea, URL, whatever... to help me learn how to solve this
> stuff.
> On the other hand, I'm still confused about developer tools I should
> use... Should it be ASP, Java, XML stuff...?
>
> Please help... :-)
> --
> D_at_di

Technet.oracle.com has several tutorials, whitepapers etc. etc online. For instance http://technet.oracle.com/tech/java/jsp

Personally I would advise against using ASP, as this will keep you in Microsofts claws.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Mon Nov 27 2000 - 12:34:19 CET

Original text of this message