Re: Oracle Client 7.3.4 and 8.0.5

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 19:59:12 GMT

If those programs run off the server, or were installed from that client, check out things like the value of Oracle_Home, the sequence of home\bin (bet the 805 comes first!), and stuff like that.

If you require an environment, where 73 and 80 tools are always separated, consider installing (and verifying!) one flavour, make an export of the registry (HKLM\Software\Oracle), drop the key install the other, and make an export of the registry once more.

In a .cmd or .bat file, you can merge the registry settings for either flavour, as appropiate.

For combinations, you obviously have to do the install four times. Just my 2c.

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel