Re: SQL Server Autonumber equivalent in Oracle 8i

From: Robert Martin <rwmartin_at_sisconet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:06:17 -0500

Thanks for the tip. It is greatly appreciated. I have "Oracle 8i Beginners Guide" and "Oracle 8i DBA Handbook" but I guess that just doesn't cut it. Again, thanks for the kind response :)

Robert Martin (rwmartin_at_sisconet.com) Design Engineer
SISCO Inc,
6605 19 1/2 Mile Road
Sterling Heights, MI 48314-1408
Phone : 810-254-0020 (ext 125)
Fax : 810-254-0053
<mikkrolewski_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8vbqic$nmr$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <8vbpap$mjr$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> jkipp_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > In article <8vbgkh02kif_at_enews3.newsguy.com>,
> > "Robert Martin" <rwmartin_at_sisconet.com> wrote:
> > > I am a newbie to Oracle and I have read that I can create an SQL
 Server
> > > Autonumber equivalent by using a sequence and a trigger. My problem
 is, I
> > > have never written a trigger. I created my sequence, and from the
 looks of
> > > it in the OEM it appears to be fine. How do I write the trigger?
 Does
 anyone
> > > know of any good documentation on the net on writing Oracle
 triggers?
 Please