RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR

From: DR <someone_at_swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:12:07 -0600

I am not new to programming, but am somewhat new to programming in PL/SQL.

I am using Oracle Procedure Builder to create this package for an Oracle 8.0.4 server. When I compile, I get:

Error 201 ... identifier 'RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR' must be declared.

I know in the past I've received similar messages due to not have a particular package loaded, like UTL_FILE for example. Can someone give me some insist into how to get this error message to go away. It actually doesn't seem to prevent my package from compiling and running, but it is annoying to always see it when I compile.

TIA Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 16:12:07 CET

Original text of this message