Re: OEM won't discover services!!!

From: Dan Anghel <danghel_at_centtel.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:04:32 -0500

The Oracle Services are discovered via Oracle Intelligent Agent. It is required to have one agent pre node as it may be in charge with multiple instances on the same node.
Since you mentioned your experience in SQLServer, I'll take a guess and I will assume that you are doing this on a NT machine. You must install and start the Agent on each node. One is installed probabky by default on the server that you installed OEM, the remote Agents must be installed separately.
Second, you must start the Agent, which runs as a NT service. If we talking NT4, the agent won't start until you will not specifically grant it the "Log on as Batch job" Nt privilege.
(This is problem solved in NT5)
The same story for each node, then the agents will communicate, and your databases will be automatically discovered by OEM. The best source of info that I know about is the Oracle OEM Documentation.

Dan A, Oracle DBA

  • All disclaimers apply ---