OEM won't discover services!!!

From: Robert Martin <rwmartin_at_sisconet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:04:06 -0500

First, let me tell you that I am a newbie and I am getting a stress headache over this. I have very little experience with Oracle 8i (or any Oracle DB for that matter) and have been thrown into the position of creating and maintaining a DB for a project. I have a good amount of experience with MS SQL Server, but virtually none with Oracle. I have just installed the OEM on my server machine and I have added the server as a node. For some reason the thing will not discover the services that are running on the machine though AND I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO!!! I don't know what more I can add to elaborate on my problem. I am stuck and wish only to use the OEM to handle administering multiple databases on the server machine.

One more thing, since I am a newbie at all of this - does anyone have any suggestions on classes/literature that I should be looking into? Please please please help. Thanks in advance.

Robert Martin (rwmartin_at_sisconet.com) Design Engineer
SISCO Inc,
6605 19 1/2 Mile Road
Sterling Heights, MI 48314-1408
Phone : 810-254-0020 (ext 125)
Fax : 810-254-0053 Received on Mon Nov 13 2000 - 23:04:06 CET

Original text of this message