Re: Can't download Oracle from website?`

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 01:20:26 GMT

Or... you can go out on the web and pick up a copy of Get Right or one of the other utilities that allows interruptible downloads. Then you can any download even if the connection is broken or you just want to shut off your computer.

Having said that, my experience is that there often are problems with Oracle's downloads. For not very much you can usually buy most of the downloadable software on a CD (as a "trial" version which is complete). Having the CD is very convenient. You don't have to keep a 100M download or any of the unzipped pieces on your hard drive, and it's easily transportable.

Van