Re: bstat/estat v7.3.4

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 20:30:48 GMT

In our lasat gripping episode "Steve Long" <steven.long_at_erols.com> wrote:
> there are a lot of negative values in the first column (total) for
 many of
> the results when i run utlbstat.sql followed by utlestat.sql 24 hours
 later.

> i would expect to find positive values since all of the selects use
> (e.value - b.value). the only logical explanation for the values is
 that
> e.value << b.value, but this does not make sense.
>
> any suggestions?

How long has your instance been running? On some systems the statistics can generate such large numbers that they do, indeed, go negative making a bstat/estat report essentially worthless. IF you have the window shutdown the instance, start it up again, wait for 4 to 6 hours of normal use then run utlbstat.sql. If you then run utlestat.sql after your 24 hour window you should see some "reasonable" (positive) numbers.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/