Re: Linking SQL Server and Oracle

From: <tandym_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 20:22:57 GMT

bah.

download oracle migration workbench, migrate SQLServer to oracle and trash the SQL box. <grin>

Actually - have you looked into replication on either side? SQL Server replication is fairly easy t set up.

Also - DTS packages could help you in getting the information from access to sqlserver

we have also had some decent luck with JDBC -

otherwise, i'm outta suggestions.

sonya

In article <3A006FCD.2AB3687C_at_hotmail.com>,   Martin <mma0204_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I need to find the best method for importing Oracle tables into SQL
> Server while updating a pull flag in Oracle at the same time. We
> thought of several approaches, but we are unable to decide which
> approach is best and fastest.
>
> I tried connecting Oracle via OBDC with Access. Using Access I am able
> to get external data from Oracle. I am able to see the table defs and
> data. I am also able to update the data in Access and the updates are
> done immediately in Oracle.
>
> We are trying to do something similar in SQL Server 7.0, but are not
> able to connect successfully. The ODBC settings work because we
> successfully ran queries using Oracle's OBDC Test program. However,
> when I try the same query in SQL Server, the query runs without
> stopping.
> In SS, I am able to connect to Oracle successfully. I see the Oracle
> table names in Linked Servers. SS Help says I need to qualify the
 table

> name with linked_server_name.catalog.schema.object.
> However, the catalog value for all tables in Oracle is nulls.
> I tried the following "select * from linksvr..schema.table, but that
> doesn't work.
>
> Any ideas??
> I'm developing on Win95, but this will eventually be installed on an
 NT
> box.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 01 2000 - 21:22:57 CET

Original text of this message