(wrong string) îÁ: ORACLE, ADO and VC++

From: Vitali Brusentsev <retalik_at_mail.ru>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:03:03 +0400

I'd recommend you to use the excellent library called 'OTL' (Oracle&ODBC Template library) by Sergei Kuchin.
It's free for download from http://home.sprynet.com/~skuchin/otl_1pg.htm I've found it (someone pointed to it in this newsgroup) about 2 month ago and my life became better!
It has some (big!) perfomance advantages, and it's easier than ADO (for c++, not Basic programmers).

There is otl_long_string class for LONG RAW type representation in it, and extraction process is something like:

---8<----------------------------------------------------------------------
int i; // NUMBER datatype
otl_long string str; // LONG RAW datatype otl_stream is(20, // fetch buffer size
                        "select id, mystring from test", // sql text
                        db); // connection object
while(!is.eof())
{

    is>>i>>str; // that's all, folks!
}

Jason Smallman <JAson.smallman_at_syntegra.bt.co.uk> wrote: ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ:8t70nr$n6n$1_at_pheidippides.axion.bt.co.uk...