Re: Is Oracle "very" hard to learn?

From: Doug <zuestra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 16:43:52 -0400

I just got certified sort of for the hell of it.. But, there's no substitute for a few years of experience to go along with it at the very least.. If companies are offering money to people who've passed the cerification exams only, they are asking for big trouble. Good DBa's (as mentioned above) , work long hours, and love what they do. The certification exams will guarntee a certain amount of minimum knowlege, but it won't test how a person behaves when he get's a call at 3am that someone dropped a table containg $100 million dollars worth of general ledger entries.. That only comes by being in the drivers seat for a while..