Re: Double Encryption Illegal?

From: Bob Silverman <bobs_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/09/21

In article <8pvejh$g03$1_at_news.netvision.net.il>,   "PRdO" <prdo_at_barak-online.net> wrote:
> IMHO double encryption *does not* add security, i.e., double
 encryption in
> 128-bit doesn't equal better encryption.
> (since encryption uses random keys, "randoming" again the data would
 not
> lead to more secure data).

This post looks very much like a troll, but I will answer it anyway...

Fortunately, for people who bother to think, cryptographic methods are not confirmed or discarded by popular opinion. What matters is analysis, and under this rubrik, your opinion isn't worth very much. This is especially true since the way you pose your remarks (i.e. "randoming" the data) indicates that precision of thought and you have not yet met.

--
Bob Silverman
"You can lead a horse's ass to knowledge, but you can't make him think"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.