Re: Simple Question ?? - Using Oracle 7 client & Oracle 8 client on the same computer.

From: Mike Morgan <mike.g.morgan_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 01:04:49 GMT

We have found that the Oracle7 client and oracle8i client do not live happily together on the same PC. This not a problem however, because the Oracle8i client can access Oracle7 databases. Just be sure the 8i tnsnames.ora file refers to SID for Oracle7 databases and SERVICE_NAME for 8i databases.

"Garth Plenty" <gplenty_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8ptc88$5iv$1_at_nntp.mistral.co.uk...
> Hello there!
> It seems I'm having a little bit of trouble trying to get both Oracle 7
> client & Oracle 8 client running at the same time on a single pc.What I'm
> trying to do is use the Oracle 7 client only to connect an Oracle 7
 Database